Seasonal Vaccinations (Appts Available)
Flu and Covid Vaccines
We have now completed our Covid vaccination campaign. If you still require a vaccination please book on the National Booking Line Click Here
Flu Only Clinics
We still have mid week flu clinics available please contact the surgery.
Child Flu Clinic (2 or 3 years on 31/8/2023)
25th Nov - St George Health Centre
6th Dec - St George Health Centre
Please contact the practice.
The shingles vaccine is recommended for people at higher risk from shingles, including all adults turning 65, those aged 70 to 79 and those aged 50 and over with a severely weakened immune system.
Child Flu Vaccines
We will be offering Child Flu Vaccines to the following patients:
- All children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
We have two clinics planned on the 16th and 30th September. Bookings to these clininc will be through a direct bookable link which will be sent to parent and carers of eligible children.
Vaccination to be given by your child school:
- All Primary School children (reception to year 6)
- All year 7 to year 11 children in secondary school
Who will be eligible for a vaccine this year?
The below groups will be eligible for a flu vaccine:
- those aged 65 years and over by 31 March 2024
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
- primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6)
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
The below groups will be eligible for a covid vaccine:
- Residents in a care home for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over by 31 March 2024
- Persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group,
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers and staff working in care homes for older adults.