Online Services for Registered Patients
** Free NHS wifi available in our practice waiting rooms **
Please click on the GP online services button above for further information and links to the NHS App - this is the Online Services provider we now recommend patients register with. Other Online Services providers are available, such as Patient Access which is supplied by our clinical system provider EMIS. If you have yet to register for Online Services, please see below.
Online services can be used to book some types of appointments, order prescriptions and access your patient record.
If viewing your Test Results online you may find labtestsonline.org.uk helpful - a site which has useful information for patients about why Tests are done and what the Results mean.
The NHS App offers additional features over other online access providers, such as your Covid Pass and management of organ donation. You can also send us an eConsult directly from the App (via Check your symptoms), saving you re-entering your personal details.
It also offers Proxy Access - for you to manage online services for a child/other cared for person (see section below for more details).
If you are already registered for Online Services you can use the Linkage Key, ODS code & Account ID provided on your Online Services registration document - you should be able to find this information within your current Online Services provider (in Patient Access: click on your name in top right & View Profile / Linked Practices / My Practice)
If you are having difficulties setting up or using the NHS App, please use their Help and Support.
Register for Online Services as a new user
You can self-register for Online Services with the NHS App - this is accessible on computer or as a smartphone App. You will first need to set up an NHS login for which you must have an email address and mobile phone number. You will also need to prove your identity.
If you are having difficulties with the NHS App, please use their Help and Support. The only occasion where we can assist is if there is a problem linking you to our practice because you already have an Online Services account here - we can Reset your Account key with us which should help.
Alternatively you can attend the practice in person for us to verify your identity and give you a document you can use to register with one or more of a range of different Online Services providers. You will be asked to complete an application form - see Menu.
Usually Online Services access is provided only to patients aged 16 and over however this can be extended to patients aged 11-15 with parental or GP consent - please ask Reception for an application form generated from our EMIS clinical system or see the Proxy Access section if you want to manage online services on behalf of a child. You do not need to do this if all you want is to view Covid Pass in NHS App for a 13-15year old - just create an NHS Login for them and prove identity and you will be able to see Covid Pass without completing linkage to GP Surgery.
There are several on-line service providers and you can register with more than one. Whichever online services provider you choose to register with:
- ensure you register for Fireclay Health online services - select BS5 7PH address even if you are primarily a Lodgeside patient (Lodgeside Surgery may be displayed in search results but will not work if selected)
- Use a unique email address for your account log-in, i.e. not shared with another user of this online service
Your account can then be linked & unlinked from the GP practice so that you continue to use the same account even when moving GP. Please remember your own login details as we have no access to re-set. If you move GP you will need to register for new linkage information to set up your existing account to work with your new GP records
Users must abide by our Terms and Conditions for online access - described further down this page
Access to your clinical record
If you self-register with the NHS App, as well as the ability to book appointments and request prescriptions via the App, you will be given access to your core medical record. This only contains Allergies and Medication information - if you would additionally like to view your Immunisations and Test Results, please ask at Reception. We can grant this access without further proof of ID, giving you the same maximum record access as a patient applying to Fireclay Health directly.
For more Detailed Record Access, to Problems & Consultations coded data, a further application form is needed, which is generated from our EMIS clinical system. This is only provided to patients aged 16 and over with proof of identity via photo ID.
Please see our Patient Record webpage for information on your medical record data and how it may be shared electronically
- Online Services Patient Information Leaflet
- Online Services Application form (age 16 and over)
- Patient Access Registration Guidance
- Proxy Access Application form A - pdf (under 11yrs)
- Proxy Access Application form A - Word (under 11yrs)
- Proxy Access Application form B - pdf (11yrs+)
- Proxy Access Application form B - Word (11yrs+)
Register for Proxy Access (on behalf of patient)
Proxy Access can be set up for parents/carers to manage online services for a child/other cared for person who is a patient at our practice.
Where the parent/carer is themselves a patient at Fireclay Health and is requesting access for a patient aged under 11 at the same address, Proxy Access is a simple matter for Reception to set up.
In all other cases the parent/carer must complete an application form - see Menu. Patients aged 11 and over must sign to provide their consent for data access - if the patient does not have capacity to consent this must be confirmed by paperwork or a GP before access is provided.
Once set-up for child, the proxy user will be notified by email 3 months prior to child's birthday at age:
11 years - proxy account will be restricted (access to book one appointment only) in order to assess whether or not the patient is competent to manage their own account
16 years - proxy account will be revoked as patients of this age are deemed competent to manage their own account. In the case of capacity issues, please reapply for proxy access using application form B
It has been recently identified by our IT supplier that this revokation of proxy access had not been carried out as intended - as of 7/2/2022 this situation has been corrected however the process will not fully run as detailed above until 8/5/2022
Patient Access is supplied by our clinical system provider EMIS and is the online service staff had most familiarity with prior to the development of the NHS App.
We have prepared guidance (1 page pdf) for completing your registration online with Patient Access.
Terms and Conditions for Online Services
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Online Services details are not used by anyone else. If you lose your log-in details please try requesting a password reset from your Online Services provider user ID reminder and/or password reset from the Patient Access website if you provided an email address and mobile phone number when registering. The practice does not have access to your password. If you have forgotten your password, we cannot reset it for you, we can only cancel your registration and issue a new registration document - you will need to use these new details to re-register
2. The use of this service will be monitored and if we find that a user is abusing the service, we will issue a warning letter. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed. Examples of inappropriate use are:
- booking appointments and not turning up for them
- booking appointments for other family members using your name
- consistently booking inappropriate appointments