Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
Having good mental health helps us relax more, achieve more and enjoy our lives more.
One You (a Public Health England website) has expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing.
Take the Every Mind Matters quiz (for over 18s) to get a free Mind Plan with tips to help you deal with stress and anxiety, improve your sleep, boost your mood and feel more in control.
Childline - a free, private and confidential phone, email or 1-1 counsellor service, tel 0800 1111
The Silver Line - a free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, call anytime on 0800 4 70 80 90
Wellbeing Support - Older Adults
Mental Health Support - all Adults
VitaMinds is a replacement for the previously offered Bristol Wellbeing Therapies courses.
It runs 24/7 Support & Connect - an immediate emotional and practical support helpline, tel 0800 0126549
There is currently a waiting list for Vitaminds - an online self-help introductory course in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) is available which may be helpful whilst waiting for further support
Self Help - Adults
- Bristol Wellbeing College offers various courses, workshops and activities to Fireclay Health patients to improve mental health & wellbeing
Ways to Wellbeing - free social support in the greater Fishponds area
Wellbeing with Nature courses - Avon Wildlife Trust
- an online Cognitive Behaviour Therapy self-help introductory course
Mental Health Support - Women & Children
Children & Young People
Children & Young People's helpline via Avon and Wiltshire Partnership SPA line, tel 0300 303 1320
Kooth - an online counselling and emotional well-being platform (age 11-19)
Off The Record - face to face counselling and support organisation (age 11- 25, Bristol & S Glos)
Help Counselling - face to face counselling (age 9-25, cost applies, Bristol & Yate)
The Mix - Essential support for under 25s. Includes free confidential helpline and counselling service
Self Help - Young People
- HappyMaps - a Bristol MIND supported resource for parents & carers with local resources and support on children’s mental and emotional health
Mental health and self-care for young people - tips provided by OneYou
- Mental Health Self Help Book list for Young People
- Off The Record run projects which include online workshops & self-help workbooks including: